The Political Action Committee provides advice to the REVP and the PSAC NORTH Regional Council on political action campaigns, issues/concern to all PSAC members. The committee's purpose and objectives include:
- Keeping informed about union campaigns and labour political actions in the province.
- Invite the Regional Council to refer political issues to the Committee for discussion, advice, action and lead on campaigns.
- Promote communication to members on political action issues.
- Promote education to members on how to lobby politicians/talking points on specific campaigns.
- Serve as a mechanism to gather and vocalize political concerns of PSAC members.
- Liaise with other like-minded groups in the north?region to work on issues of mutual interest/ concern.
- Participate in appropriate/labour political actions or conferences.